You are probably here because of one of these three reasons:
- you are currently one of the 35 million men or 25 million women in the United States who are losing their hair, or
- you know an individual who is going through these issues, or
- you believe you will lose hair in the near future.
Unfortunately, a large portion of the people in the U.S. lose their hair due to genetic or non-genetic reasons and their are hundreds of hair loss prevention products out in the market today. We will not try to persuade you into buying anything but we will lay down the facts so you can make an informed decision. Check out the different products below and the Nioxin reviews:
Nioxin System 1 Review
This system of cleanser and scalp therapy shampoo is best for people with normal to thin-looking hair. This system includes a shampoo and conditioner to be used together. The ingredients included peppermint thus making your hair feel invigorated with a nice scent.
Nioxin System 2 Review
The Nioxin System 2 is perfect for fine and natural hair that is noticeable thinning. This system includes three technologies to revamp your hair: activ-renewal, bioamp, and scalp access delivery system. Nioxin reviews for this system were positive. Check out the 375+ reviews of this system with a rating of 4.2 out of 5 on Amazon.com.
Customer Nioxin Reviews
I use only this product. I recently tried a different product and after one use I immediately returned it and continued using Nioxin. My hair has never grown as long and healthy. I have been using this for 6 years. — Georgeann H.
I am 54 year sold and have thinning hair. This system at least has slowed down my slight hair loss. — Dana B.
I saw that my hair was dropping a little everyday. My friends recommended Nioxin and I have used it for over 2 years now – it works nicely. — Jason H.
Nioxin has been developing hair loss treatment products since 1987. Nioxin’s website states they provide real solutions for maximizing the usage of the hair you currently have. Their products attempt to maintain and slowly treat hair loss for individuals who have thinning hair. Their products are not appropriate if you are already bald.
In their line of product, they have 6 individual systems. Each of these systems include a 3-step procedure and includes a Nioxin Cleanser, Nioxin Scalp Therapy, and Nionix Scalp Treatment product. In general terms, the products are a shampoo, conditioner, and a separate treatment formula.
If you’re curious (or in a hurry):
Natural methods for hair loss prevention
Before resorting to Nioxin, you should try natural methods. Research shows that there are various methods of stopping hair loss using natural methods as opposed to any sort of shampoo, or medicine. Most common methods include using:
- Onion juice – you can get this at your local grocery store
- Rosemary, sage or aloe vera ingredients – these ingredients can aid in hair growth
- Peppers – this food can be included in your food diet to aid in hair growth
These natural approaches, however, do not always work on every person and it is more or less a guess-and-check. Regardless, these are simple approaches that one can try before resorting to proven prevention tools such as shampoos!
Medicinal methods for hair loss prevention
Hair loss shampoos have been proven and reviewed by many individuals who have successfully stunted hair loss and started growing back hair. One such product is Nioxin hair loss shampoo available on Amazon.com. Before you make a decision, you should first determine which one of the six systems suits your hair and then make sure to read Nioxin reviews so you can get an understanding of other people’s experiences.
How do I choose a system?
This choice depends on the type of hair you have. The products are organized as follows:
- Fine natural hair – Nioxin System 1 or 2
- Chemically treated hair – Nioxin System 3 or 4
- Coarse hair – Nioxin System 4 or 6
First, you need to decide which category best describes your hair. It does not need to be exact match! Many people have a mix of fine and coarse hair. If you cannot decide on which type of hair you have, try asking a family member, friend, or even a profession salon.
Benefits of Nioxin Hair Treatments
Nioxin provides several benefits when using their system. These benefits include:
- Thicker-looking hair
- Strengthens against future damage
- Reduces additional hair loss due to breakage
- Cleanses the scalp for a fresh feel
- Increases hair texture
You should understand that this system will not work overnight. Prior users have seen results after 6 to 12 months of consistent usage on a daily basis as their primary shampoo and conditioner. Do not make the mistake of quitting early. In short, be patient.
You can see Nioxin before and after photos to your right. This is after 2 months of using the product.
Other benefits include the system being safe to use. The potential side effects of Nioxin are minimal. Other hair loss treatments can be detrimental to your health, such as rogaine.
If you would like more information about Nioxin products, refer to the articles below:
Here’s some more information on this fantastic product…
- Does Nioxin Work? – here we discuss how and why this product works.
- Nioxin side effects – if you plan to use this product, you should understand the side effects.
- Seven things you did not know about Nioxin vitamins – what are the underlying secrets of the nioxin ingredients?
- Hair Loss in Women – Yes, women have hair loss problems too!
- The Different Systems – There are 8 different systems, which is right for your hair?